To be able to set up an Exit Mat Campaign, follow the steps listed below :
STEP 1: In your LetSetCom dashboard, click on ‘Create New’.
STEP 2: Click on ‘Exit Mat’.
STEP 3: Configure the General Settings tab.
A. Campaign Name: You need to enter the campaign name here.
NOTE: The campaign name is only for your internal reference and would not be shown to your end user anywhere.
B. Background Type: You need to choose the background type for the campaign here. There are 2 options:
1. Solid Color: If you choose this then, you need to select a background solid color.
2. Image: If you choose this then, you need to either upload an image or choose the same from library.
NOTE: You can also view how the campaign looks by simply clicking on Show/hide Preview or Update Preview.
C. Headline: You need to enter the headline here.
D. Sub-Headline: You need to enter the sub-headline here.
E. Media Type: There are 2 options available under Media Type:
1. Video: If you choose this then, you need to embed Youtube/Vimeo code for the video here.
2. Image: If you choose this then, you need to simply either upload an image or choose the same from library.
F. Sub-Headline 2: You need to enter the sub-headline 2 here.
G. CTA Text: You need to enter the CTA text here.
H. CTA Action: You need to define the CTA action here. There are 3 options available:
1. Redirect: If you choose to redirect then, you must enter a redirect URL.
2. Redirect in new tab: If you choose to redirect in new tab then also, you must enter a redirect URL.
3. Scroll: If you want your visitor to be scrolled to a specific section of your page/website after clicking on the CTA button then, you must enter the XPath to the element.
You can refer to the tutorial here, which is completely on XPath.
I. No Thanks Text: You need to enter the ‘No Thanks’ text here.
J. No Thanks Action: You need to define the No Thanks action here. There are 2 options available:
1. Close the Popup: In this case, the popup would close as and when your visitor would click on it.
2. Redirect: In this case, you need to define the URL where you want your visitor to be redirected after clicking on the popup.
K. Show Close Button: If you wish to show the close button then, you can simply click on Yes and if you do not wish to show the close button then, you can simply click on No option in the dropdown.
L. Styling Customisation: If you wish to make any changes in the styling of the campaign, you can simply switch the toggle on and make changes as per your wish.
1. Headline Styling: You can customise the Headline’s font, font size & color here.
2. Sub Headline 1 Styling: You can customise the Sub-Headline 1 font, font size & color here.
3. Sub Headline 2 Styling: You can customise the Sub-Headline 2 font, font size & color here.
4. CTA Text Styling: You can customise the CTA font, font size, color & background color here.
5. No Thanks Text Styling: You can customise No Thanks font, font size & color here.
6. Highlight Styling: If you have highlighted anything while writing the headline or text then, you can simply customise it here.
STEP 4: Configure the Trigger Tab.
A. Display URL Settings: This is where you need to configure on which pages would you like the campaign to appear and on which pages you do not want them to.
1. Include: You need to enter the URL on which you want the campaign to appear along with a condition.
2. Exclude: You need to enter the URL on which you do not want the campaign to appear along with a condition.
3. Referrer: This section enables you to run different conditions based on different sources.
For example - If you add ‘Facebook’ under this section then, the campaign will be triggered only for users coming via Facebook.
Now, there are 3 types of trigger conditions that are predefined in the system. For instance if you wish to trigger a campaign on myhome.com, then here is how all the trigger conditions will work:
1. Exact: [With this, the campaign will only trigger on myhome.com]
3. Regex [Regular expression or “Regex” is used to target multiple and complicated URLs by providing a pattern to match the URLs. This is mainly for developers only].
NOTE: Make sure that you do not add ‘http’, ‘https’, or ‘www’ in the prefix of the URL which you enter.
STEP 5: Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save’ button.